India vs England 4th Test is set to start on 4th March at Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad, the world’s largest cricket stadium. After the shameful loss in Ind vs Eng First Test, the Indian team will look for a bounceback in the series and regain there sheer dominance in the home soil.
India vs Eng Test 4: Sardar Patel Ground Pitch Report
Things are expected to change as the Pitch and the weather won’t be the same as the previous encounter. As the match will be played in broad daylight, it is expected that the England team will get another typical subcontinent spinning track.
The wicket for the fourth test is expected to be a typical subcontinent slowish batting track where spinner can purchase sufficient turn and bounce in 4th and 5th days of play.
Motera Ground: Test Statistics
- Highest innings total: Sri Lanka 760/7d – India v Sri Lanka, 2nd innings, 16 Nov 2009
- Lowest innings total: India 76 – India v South Africa, 1 inning, 3 Apr 2008
- Highest individual score: Mahela Jayawardene 275 (Balls: 435 4×27 6×1) – Sri Lanka v India, 16 Nov 2009
- Best bowling:
(in an innings) Kapil Dev 9/83 – India v West Indies, 12 Nov 1983
(in a match) Venkatapathy Raju 11/125 – India v Sri Lanka, 8 Feb 1994.
- Most runs: Rahul Dravid (India) 771 Runs (Mat:7 Inn:14 HS:222 Ave:59.30 SR:49.10 100×3 50×1), Sachin Tendulkar – 642 runs, VVS Laxman – 574 runs.
- Most wickets: Anil Kumble (India) 36 Wickets (Mat:7 Runs:964 BBI:7/115 BBM:10/233 Ave:26.77 Econ:2.29 SR:70.1 5W/I:3 10W/M:1), Harbhajan Singh- 29 wickets, Kapil Dev – 14 wickets.
Probable 11 for India Vs England 2021 Test 4
The English team is in fine form and will be at the top of their confidence level after registering three consecutive Test wins in Asian soil. With a place in the World Test Championship at Lord’s also up for grabs, a blistering game of Test cricket is waiting for the fans to relish at Motera.
Md Shami might have a comeback to the Indian side after his elbow injury. England might give rest to one of their pace-spearheads James Anderson or Stuart Broad.
The Probable XI for India: Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (C), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant (WK), Ravichandran Ashwin, Axar Patel, Washington Sundar/Kuldeep Yadav, Ishant Sharma/ Md Siraj and Jasprit Bumrah.
The Probable XI for England: Dominic Sibley, Rory Burns, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root (C), Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali/Daniel Lawrence, Ben Foakes (WK), Dom Bess, Stuart Broad, Jack Leach, and Olly Stone/James Anderson.
India vs Eng Test 4: Match Prediction
As Motera Stadium surface is known for it’s slow and dry nature, it is expected that India will continue with their three spinners and pace bowlers. On the other side, England will face the too strong Indian side in their own backyard. Though on paper, the Indian team is too strong as compared to the English team, it is expected that the two English spinners Jack Leach and Moeen Ali will give a strong fight to the batters.