India vs Eng 3rd Test is all set to on 24 February 2021 at Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad, the world’s largest cricket stadium. England took a 1-0 lead in the Test series on the back of 227 runs win in the opening Test. The Indian team will look for a bounce-back in the series and regain there sheer dominance in the home soil.
- Team India will host the third Test of the four-match test series from Wednesday (February 24) at 14:30IST.
- The match will be played at Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad.
- This is the second Day-Night test (Pink Test) on Indian soil after hosting Bangladesh last year.
- Fans will be allowed for the Pink ball test, BCCI to extend an invitation to PM Narendra Modi.
- The English Team are leading the series 1-0.
India vs Eng 3rd Test : Motera Stadium Pitch Report
Things are expected to change as the Sardar Patel Motera Stadium Pitch and the weather won’t be the same as the previous encounter. As the match will be played under floodlight, it is expected that the condition will help the English Team to get Seam and Swing from the pitch. On the other side, India will try to bring their Pace spearhead Jaspreet Bumrah after one match rest to strengthen their pace battery.
The ‘Motera Stadium’ owned by Gujrat Cricket Association is one of the premier cricket grounds in India and it offers a slowish track. Initially, it was a bowler-friendly wicket with pace and bounce but with time the pitch lost its spice and started to slow down. The wicket for the third Test is expected to be a typical subcontinent slowish batting track where spinner can purchase sufficient turn and bounce in 4th and 5th days of play.
Motera Stadium Pitch: Test Stats
- Highest innings total: Sri Lanka 760/7d – India v Sri Lanka, 2nd innings, 16 Nov 2009
- Lowest innings total: India 76 – India v South Africa, 1 inning, 3 Apr 2008
- Highest individual score: Mahela Jayawardene 275 (Balls: 435 4×27 6×1) – Sri Lanka v India, 16 Nov 2009
- Best bowling:
(in an innings) Kapil Dev 9/83 – India v West Indies, 12 Nov 1983
(in a match) Venkatapathy Raju 11/125 – India v Sri Lanka, 8 Feb 1994.
- Most runs: Rahul Dravid (India) 771 Runs (Mat:7 Inn:14 HS:222 Ave:59.30 SR:49.10 100×3 50×1), Sachin Tendulkar – 642 runs, VVS Laxman – 574 runs.
- Most wickets: Anil Kumble (India) 36 Wickets (Mat:7 Runs:964 BBI:7/115 BBM:10/233 Ave:26.77 Econ:2.29 SR:70.1 5W/I:3 10W/M:1), Harbhajan Singh- 29 wickets, Kapil Dev – 14 wickets.
Probable 11 for India vs Eng 3rd Test 2021
Although both the teams are looking evenly matched on paper, the Indian team might hold the edge before the beginning of the Pink Ball Test. The English team is in fine form and will be at the top of their confidence level after registering three consecutive Test wins in Asian soil. With a place in the World Test Championship at Lord’s also up for grabs, a blistering game of Test cricket is waiting for the fans to relish at Motera.
Jasprit Bumrah might return to the playing XI after a one-match rest, leading to the exclusion of Ishant Sharma/ Mohammad Siraj. English wicket-keeper batsman Jonny Bairstow will be joining the English team in the third and fourth India vs Eng test which might lead to the elimination of his teammate Ollie Pope. Also, the veteran fast-bowler James Anderson might be included in the team replacing Olly Stone.
The Probable XI for India: Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (C), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant (WK), Ravichandran Ashwin, Axar Patel, Washington Sundar/Kuldeep Yadav, Ishant Sharma/ Md Siraj and Jasprit Bumrah.
The Probable XI for England: Dominic Sibley, Rory Burns, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root (C), Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali/Daniel Lawrence, Ben Foakes (WK), Dom Bess, Stuart Broad, Jack Leach, and Chris Woakes/James Anderson.
India vs Eng 3rd Test: Match Prediction
Though the Indian players are playing on their home soil, the best-suited condition, in India vs Eng test, for the English team will be in the “Pink Ball Test” at Sardar Patel Stadium. As the match will be played under floodlight, there will be ample amount of chances for two English pace spearheads James Anderson and Stuart Broad to extract Seam and Swing from the surface.
On the other side, India will rely more on Ashwin and Bumrah to explore the home condition. Though the match will be evenly poised, the Indian team will be nose-ahead. Their batters are well experienced to bat in this typical subcontinent surface.
India vs England 2021: Update
As per the latest update from the ICC, India has announced the final team for Ind vs Eng 3rd and 4th Test matches. While Shardul Thakur and Shahbaz Nadeem has been released, Umesh Yadav joined the tea after a complete fitness analysis.
Here’s India vs Eng updated Test Squad: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Mayank Agarwal, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, KL Rahul, Hardik Pandya, Risabh Pant, Wriddhiman Saha, R Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav, Axar Patel, Washington Sundar, Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Siraj.