Keep aside the controversy over Bumrah’s Brilliant Spell:
As it looked difficult for Mumbai Indians to come back into the game as Kohli and AB de Villiers were in good partnership in the middle overs, Mumbai Indian’s bowlers Bumrah and Malinga held their nerves to play off the game till the last over. And Bumrah awarded “Man of the match” rightly!
Though the no-ball controversy has “mankaded” Ashwin-Buttler’s issue, not to forget the last over performance by Malinga who brings a lot of experience to the side.
Disappointed Kohli and Rohit:
Kohli and Rohit are not impressed and highly disappointed by the standards of the umpiring. Kohli added “This is a ridiculous decision, we are playing IPL not club matches” feels RCB skipper Virat Kohli. He went on to add that “it was a no-ball by an inch. so if it’s a game of margins, I don’t know what’s happening. “, he thinks that umpires should have been more careful and sharp.
Rohit was not happy with the wide decision as well in the Bumrah’s penultimate over.
- Rohit and Quintan Dekock cemented MI’s first innings scoring 51 for no loss in 6 overs,
- Chahal produced a breakthrough taking de Kock’s wicket and bagged 4 wickets for the day. But cant forget Yuvi’s 3 balls 3 sixers of Chahal.
- MI posted 187 runs on the board as Hardik Pandya smashed two biggies in the last over.
- Take away for the RCB team is Kohli and ABD’s partnership and Devilliers hitting.
- Bumrah awarded Man of the match for his brilliant bowling 4 overs, 20 runs, 3 wickets.